If you wish to buy Westfalenstoffe fabrics,
please visit our new website at
to view our fabulous fabric ranges.
In order to produce ecological, child-friendly, safe and the finest quality baby gifts,
Bearing Gifts uses fabrics supplied by Westfalenstoffe AG of Germany
in all of our Organic products as well as in many of our other items.
Westfalenstoffe 100% organic cotton fabrics are GOTS certified and IVN compliant.
The certificate of Quality for the production of each fabric states –
- It is OKO-TEX 100 Standard Certified - (see Footnote)
- No Azoic dyes have been used during processing - (see Footnote)
- No Formaldehyde has been used during processing - (see Footnote)
- No Optical brighteners have been used during processing – (see Footnote)
- No Chlorine bleaches have been used during processing – (see Footnote)
- The cloth is free from Heavy Metals – (see Footnote)
- The cloth has a sympathetic pH value for contact with the skin – (see Footnote)
- The cloth is perspiration absorbent – (see Footnote)
- The finish is abrasion resistant.
- The Oeko-Tex mark guarantees that the product does not contain substances that are harmful or dangerous to human health in amounts that exceed the limits allowed by the Oeko-Tex Standards.
- These dyes contain the AZO group and formic acid, caustic soda, metallic compounds and sodium nitrate; especially for application to cotton.
- Textile industry uses formaldehyde based resins as finishers to make fabrics crease resistant.
- Optical brighteners, are dyes which absorb light and are added to enhance the appearance of the colour of fabric causing a ‘whitening’ effect which looks less yellow by increasing the overall amount of blue light reflected, can cause allergic reactions when in contact with the skin.
- Chlorine bleaches are toxic and can lead to the formation of dioxins which are carcinogenic.
- Heavy metals are recognised as carcinogenic.
- The ideal pH value of skin is 5.5 which is slightly acidic and is part of the body’s defences against bacterial infection.
- As the body perspires and the sweat is absorbed into the fabric, due to the sympathetic pH of our fabric, the chance of an allergic reaction or irritation to the skin is greatly reduced.